Sunday, September 28, 2008

Insomnia

I have it so bad I just decided not to go to bed tonight, after lying in bed for for a long time. I'm in enough pain that I can't sleep, as well as not being sleepy at all. Hopefully I sleep better tonight. I guess I get to watch the sunrise! :) I've tried many different things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't...
~Reading
~Writing letters
~Praying
~Drinking hot herbal tea
~Stretching
~Cleaning
~Folding laundry
~Updating my blogs, checking email, etc.
~More pillows
~Less pillows
~More blankets
~Less blankets
The one thing that I haven't tried that was recommended to me is drinking a glass of warm milk, I will try that one, but not with the milk I currently have available to me!
Ah well, hope y'all are sleeping soundly, peacefully and wake up refreshed later this morning! ;)
@}-----

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

i have battled with insomnia throughout my cancer fight. Here are some things that worked for me:

-Prescription sleeping pills

-Valarian Root (buy it at grocery store)

-Chamomile with Valarian Root

-Hot bath with lavender salts (lavender helps relax)

-Lavender candles

-Lavender spray on pillow

-Night Eye Cover that has relaxing sounds

-Down load relaxing sounds and play them on very low

-Deep breathing

-Imagine a lake with ripples then try to get the lake to be still (this works really well, I know sounds weird but works b/c it quiets your mind).

just some suggestions hope you get to sleep!

-Meaghan