Saturday, September 27, 2008

Knitting, etc.

Well, I am excited! I found a place in the mall where I might be able to sell the scarves I knit! On my list of 100 things to do before I die is to sell something I've made with my own hands, I have yet to do that. With a lack of things to do I've turned to the library to fill that space and time, it's working! ;) Always has been a faithful friend, the library, books, reading, etc. :) I picked up about fifteen books on different and varying subjects including net making, basket weaving, loom construction, weaving, knitting, quilting, braiding, ribbon crafts, historic costume making and a couple of GREAT books with ACTUAL patterns of clothing from different eras 1600-1900's, they are SO cool, oooh, and a book on CIVIL WAR quilts!!! I was looking for exactly that. I reenact Civil War the most and want a reproduction quilt, the thing is, I don't just want one, I want to make one, and hand quilt it. Well, I guess that's all that's up with me right now...
Can't wait to go fabric shopping!!!
~Kasha Sue (168 yrs. old if twenty at the beginning of the Civil War)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about being that old!!! :) YAY TODAY MATHEW AND I ARE IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD (Civil War)!!! So he is not hundreds of years older then me!!!!!!

Kasha Sue said...

That's wonderful! ;)